Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 11:10 AM

Taking the Millenneum in July, It says that the ship docks in Livoron at 7:00. Trying to plan Rome on my own. What time shoudl I expect to actually depart the ship, and what time should I expect to make it to the train station.

I'm thinking that I should plan to make the a 8:40 train but would like to catch an earlier one if possible. Does anyone have experience on this topic?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:10 AM

Taking the Millenneum in July, It says that the ship docks in Livoron at 7:00. Trying to plan Rome on my own. What time shoudl I expect to actually depart the ship, and what time should I expect to make it to the train station.

I'm thinking that I should plan to make the a 8:40 train but would like to catch an earlier one if possible. Does anyone have experience on this topic?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 AM

Was just in Livorno and the port now has a "No Walking" rule that is strictly enforced. (A guard actually caught us and made us turn back) The taxis that are by the ship will not take you to the train station because they are looking for full day tours.

We had to board a bus to downtown Livorno (15 minute ride) and then grad a taxi to the train station (10 minute ride) All in all, it took about 45 minutes to get to the train station from the port. The return from the train station is easy. Just grab a taix and they will take you right to the ship.

As for when you can leave the ship, it depends on when the ship is cleared by immigration. Sometimes it happens quickly and sometimes it takes a while.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 07-10-2006, 12:43 PM

After all that (taxi to downtown, to train) would it be faster and as cost effective to take the cruise ship's bus to Florence?

Closed Thread

Tags
700, 700am, cruise, cruises, depart, docks, expect, late, leave, livoron, passangers, princess, ship, station, time, train