Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 AM

Will be in Rome late October. Planning on doing Rome ourselves with a must stop at the Vatican. Debating to whether or not I should pre purchase "skip the line" tickets for the Museum. I am being told it may not be necessary as the lines in October should be less during this time of year. Anyone know this for certain?

Regarding the "skip the line" tickets purchase on line.. How does that work? Where do you pick up your tickets and is there a more trust worthy on line place to purchase as opposed to others.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:14 AM

We visited Rome for a weekend mid-October 2006, and the queues for the Vatican were VERY long on the Saturday. We were on a tour which picked us up at our (central) hotel at 6.45 am and it was about 9am before we actually got into the Vatican buildings, having queued for what seemed like forever!

If you have the option to be independent and buy "skip the line" tickets, it may well be worth doing so.

Incidentally, we bought "skip the line" tickets for the Colosseum from a girl wearing an official badge, and that was excellent, with a narrated tour as well.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 PM

Thank you Jane....Your resonse has been helpful.
Will certainly buy the skip the line tickets!
Karen
Old 07-12-2008, 06:28 AM

What you call "skip the line" tickets are really more than a line skipper. Those tickets (I am assuming you are speaking of the Vatican tour bought directly from the Vatican) also get you a professional tour of the Vatican Museums, which is a petty good thing on ones first visit.

Hank
Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 AM

HI Hank...you have me a bit confused..I found a site online that sells tickets $50pp that was not directly through the Vatican. I assumed that if you bought tickets at the Vatican, You stood in line?? Are these tickets that allow you to skip the line and in addition have a tour guide through the Vatican purchased online or there the day you are touring??

Closed Thread

Tags
line, lines, october, rome, skip, touring, vatican