Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 05:27 PM

I will be visiting Naples in November. What I'm wondering is: is it possible to see Naples, Positano, and Capri in one day? If so, what's the fastest way, and what should I not miss?
Tx!

Caribbean Hotel Guide
Old 10-19-2006, 06:48 PM

It is probably possible, but not very advisable. Its a matter of geography. Positano is on the Amalfi Drive about half way between Sorrento and Amalfi. To get there from Naples you will either need to hire a car/driver, rent a car, or take the Circumvesuviania Line train from Naples to Sorrento and than use the regional SITA bus to Positano. The drive from Naples to Positano will take at least 1 1/2 hours (really varies depending on traffic). Jet Boat and hydrofoil service is somewhat limited in the winter months, so getting to Capri will probably not be possible from Positano. This means you would need to get back to Sorrento to get a boat to Capri, or you could go to Capri directly from Naples, and than try to find your way over to Sorrento and than Positano. Because of very limited boat schedules, i am not even sure this would be possible in November,,,and even in the summer season it would be difficult to do this itinerary in a typcially short port day. My wife and I really do love Capri (have been there 3 times) but I am not sure its a great option in November. You might want to reconsider and just spend your day on the Amalfi Coast, and perhaps add a visit to Pompeii to your itinerary. By the way, although I personally rent cars and drive throughout Italy and the Amalfi Coast, I do not recommend this option to those not used to driving in Europe and Italy.

Hank
Old 10-20-2006, 03:17 PM

Thanks Hank - I guess I'll play it by ear and decide based on the weather once I get there since I plan on using the local transits.
LB

Caribbean Hotel Guide
Old 10-22-2006, 06:36 AM

Hi there, we were in Naples on our mediterranean cruise in october. It was AMAZING!!

We did many ports on our own to save money and discover Europe but in Naples there were many places that i wanted to see: so we decided to go with a private driver: LUIGI RUGGIERO.

In one day we went to : Positano (amazing!!!), Sorrento, Amalfi, Pompei and we did the Amalfi coast... It was the most beautiful of all, we hhighly recommend it. When booking with the cruise tours it was 350$ for 2 people. Luigi Ruggiero wanted 330 euros for the day!!!

We would do it all over again!!!

CIAO
Old 10-22-2006, 06:38 AM

Just wanted to add that on the cruise tours you are a group of 50 people and sometimes more, with Luigi he drives you where you want to go and brings you wherever you want, you don't have to put up with a group!!

You are driven in a beautiful Mercedes and you are in the most beautiful places in Italy!!!

CHEERS

Closed Thread

Tags
driver, italy, luigi, private, review, reviews, ruggerio, ruggiero, sorrento