Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 08:24 AM

Is there an inexpensive way of transferring between these two places as when i surf the net it seems very very expensive to get about in Venice.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 AM

Yep, Venice does present lots of transportation challenges. The cheapest way into Venice from the airport is to take the bus that runs to the Piazzole Roma. From there, assuming you can handle your luggage, you can use the local water buses (vaporettos) or walk. Of course the nicest way in from the airport is to use a water taxi, but this can easily cost over $130.

Hank
Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Gary, when Hank says, "assuming you can handle your luggage," he is implying more than simply being able to handle the weight of the luggage. Vaporettos are often very packed and do not fool yourself into thinking that the lovely Venitians are going to bend over backwards to lend you a helping hand. You will find that the locals are very self supportive and they expect you to be the same. The water taxi is a considerably more expensive option but, you will find that the extra money will save you a lot of headache and aggravation. By all means, make the most of the vaporettos while travelling throughout the city. I am just a big fan of water taxi's while I am encumbered with luggage.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by garyg:
Is there an inexpensive way of transferring between these two places as when i surf the net it seems very very expensive to get about in Venice.
Look here here for the timetabel of the ALILAGUNA ferry. You can enter the boat at the airport, The Alilaguna will bring you to the LIDO. There you may take a Taxi to your hotel. That is the way to save money.
The Alilaguna boats habe enough place for your luggage.
I did this way three times without any problem.
Regards
Uwe
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 PM

Another link will give you some informations about the Vaporetto and Bus fares.
Regards
Uwe

Look here for more infos about Alilaguna

Closed Thread

Tags
airoport, airport, coents, cruise, hotel, lido, marco, polo, port, shuttle, taxi, transportation, venice, water, westin