Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 09:52 AM

What a wonderful site! We have been on a few cruises with our kids, but never to Europe. Does anyone have a suggestion on what European cruise would be best for myself, my husband, and our two children, age 12 (girl) and 15 (boy). We love the outdoors, but don't want a totally exhausting experience either. We plan on going in mid June 2009, and have looked at Royal Carribbean and Celebrity, but are open to any suggestions. Thanks so much!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:24 PM

Since you only mention cruise lines with no additional info on interests, ports, etc, my answer is pretty easy. If you are just going to decide on Celebrity vs RCI (we like both lines) I would suggest RCI because of their superior programs for the kids. However, you also should consider that most European cruises are different than what you have experienced in the Caribbean. Med cruises are often quite port intensive and there is often not a lot of time spent on the ships. Ports are quite varied in Europe so I have a suggestion. Take a close look at the ports of the various cruises, and ask your kids for their input on which ports capture their interest and what they really would like to do with their port days. As an example, some kids really want to see Pompeii (port of Naples) while others might want to see Paris (port of LeHavre). Letting the kids help with the decision, and having them spend some time researching the ports and tour options, can be fun and its also very educational.

Hank
Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Hi Teresa, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

There are several choices among cruises in Europe - for example, Mediterranean, British Isles, Norwegian Fjords, Baltic. I agree with Hank that you should sit down as a family and decide what interests you most.

European cruises are largely about the itinerary. I'd pick that first and make the ship secondary (although it is an important consideration, as well).

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, cruising, euro, europe, european, favorite, fourm, lines, ports, reviews, ship, teenagers, teens, tweens