Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 PM

Hi, this is my first-time on the royal Caribbean Voyager of the Sea Mediterranean Cruise. Our flight arrives in Barcelona at 8;30 a.m. There are no RC pre-cruise shore excursions available for this trip. I found online the Barcelona Day tours - four hour tour - 69 Euros - that will pick us up at the airport and take us to the ship. Does anyone know if they are reliable? And can you give me some advice about doing this? All responses would be most helpful. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I would imagine the tour operators are reliable, and the pick-up at the airport and drop-off at the ship is certainly attractive. I would consider two things: where are you flying from and what time do you sail.

We flew from Los Angeles to Barcelona once, and the last thing we wanted on arrival was a tour. A good meal, a shower and a nap were much more in order. We were able to board right away, and though our cabin wasn't ready yet, we could relax and have a nice meal. And we were still able to shower and nap before our 4:00 p.m. departure.

Now if you have, say, a direct flight from the East Coast, and a late afternoon or evening departure, a tour right away might be in order.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:53 AM

Hi f-mattox, thanks for the reply. We're flying from Pittsburgh to Barcelone with connections in Philly, so it will be a loooong flight. However, since this is the only chance for me to see Barcelona, I'm definitely consider the Barcelone Day tours situation -- will have to ponder it some. In 2005 when I traveled from SFO to Bucharest, romania -- I had an eight-hour layover in Amsterdam -- so I did the four-hour tour of the city -- it was wonderful -- sure I was exhausted, but it was a highlight of my trip. So, will need to think about all this, of course. Thank you so much for responding.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 AM
debbielynn, it sounds like you are no stranger to international travel and you know your capabilities; that, combined with the fact you are leaving from the East Coast, I would highly recommend you make every effort to see as much of Barcelona as possible--it is an absolutely beautiful and facinating city. I just didn't want to see your cruise get off to a bad start.

Rick
Old 08-15-2009, 11:37 AM

Hi Rick, thanks. Although I've traveled internationally (just a couple times -- so far) I've never run into this problem before and wanted to make sure that Barcelona Day Tours is a reliable operation and this is something "doable." Oh yes, I'll probably be very tired. MY cruise isn't 'til Sept. 20, so I have a little time to think about it. Deb

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, barcelonatours, carnival, city, cruise, day, flying, pre, precruise, tour, tours, travel, trip, trips, vbulletin