Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 01:04 AM

Hi,
I am going on the Scandinavia & Russai Cruise with the Celebrity Cruises onboard the Constellation. As I am planning to tour around the city by myself instead of joinig the cruisline excrusion, I would like to ask whether there is public transport easily accessbile at port of Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, Berlin (Warnemunde)and Copenhagen?

I would also like to have some advice on whether there is local tour that we can join instead of joing the cruiseline excurison taking into consideration that those local tour may be cheaper and less crowded.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:54 AM

laichi,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

As for Warnemünde: The port is more than 150 miles away from Berlin. The railway station is right next to the pier, however, so it's an easy ride into the City of Rostock, to which Warnemünde belongs. That is if you actually dock in Warnemünde. If it's a busy day with several cruise ships in port, the ship might dock in Rostock's "Seehafen", instead.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-14-2007, 03:07 AM

Hi laichi,

click here to find a map of Copenhagen at its ports. Your ships port will be the ORIENT PORT on the upper right side of the map. From there you may take a taxi to town. We did it some days agou. The price is eleven euro for the ride to the main railway station. Just opposite is the famous Tivoli. From there you may walk the STROGET to Nyhavn , Amalienborg (the castle wehre the queen lives) and Langelinie to the "Little Mairmaid". Take there a taxi back to she ship.
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
berlin, berth, center, centre, city, cruise, cruises, dock, docked, port, princess, ships, stockholm, transfer, warnemunde