Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Where can I find a van and driver for the following ports: Dover, Cork, Dublin, Belfast and Holyhead, Wales?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Hi do you mean a car and driver,all the ports apart from Holyhead are busy,and should have Taxis I live about 2hrs from Holyhead and did not no that a cruise boat docked there, each area in the Uk has a state run tourist board who give unbiased advise, they all have web sites,so they should provide the info you need, kalo taxidi
Old 05-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Holyhead can be hit or miss ..if the weather is bad then they will not go ashore so book with the ship or make sure you can get refund if you are a no show.

Dublin has hop on hop off bus & easy walking around the town
Just do a search for tour in the ports.

Also have a look on cruise critic many helpful people there
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-20-2007, 08:40 PM

We are 6 people, so a taxi will not meet our needs. We are will be aboard Celebrity Century which will have a 10 day itinerary beginning in Amsterdam, including these ports as well as St. Peter's (Channel Island)and Le Harvre. I believe it is scheduled for only the one sailing. Last fall for a Mediterranean cruise, I was able to book independent tours for a group of 22 in each port in Italy, France, Spain and Croatia; but there doesn't seem to be as much information out there about the northern ports. Thanks for the insight, we will probably play it by ear in Dublin. Would you have any suggestions about what to do in Holyhead should we be able to dock? It's a place I am totally unfamiliar with.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:42 AM

if you contact fred@busybus.co.uk or info@welshdragontours.com they both seem good people and run tours as to what you do in holyhead I dont want to offend any people from there kalo taxidi
Quote:
Originally posted by calesso:
We are 6 people, so a taxi will not meet our needs. We are will be aboard Celebrity Century which will have a 10 day itinerary beginning in Amsterdam, including these ports as well as St. Peter's (Channel Island)and Le Harvre. I believe it is scheduled for only the one sailing. Last fall for a Mediterranean cruise, I was able to book independent tours for a group of 22 in each port in Italy, France, Spain and Croatia; but there doesn't seem to be as much information out there about the northern ports. Thanks for the insight, we will probably play it by ear in Dublin. Would you have any suggestions about what to do in Holyhead should we be able to dock? It's a place I am totally unfamiliar with.
Thanks for the help.

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, british, criques, cruise, excursions, holyhead, isle, isles, port, princess, private, reviews, ship, tours, what