Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 03:25 PM

We will be on Princess Grand arriving on Corfu.
How far is it from the port to Old Town? Not sure where Princess docks. The ship offers a shuttle for $24 pp. Expensive I think. About how much is a taxi? Are there any other options? Also what is the taxi (other options?) charge to Achillio Palace?

Thanks,
Kaye
Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Its been a few years since we last visited Corfu, so I am far from an expert. But, the cruise ship pier is a little less than a 2 mile walk into the heart of Corfu Town. That price for a shuttle seems a bit steep, but I would have no current info on the cost of a taxi or if there is a local bus. Personally, if we ever get back to that island we would simply rent a car for the day. The car would not be helpful in Corfu Town, but its a great way to explore the island and spend some time at one of the beaches.

Hank
Old 07-06-2008, 07:59 AM

I would be extremely hesitant to spend $24 pp on a Princess transfer. That is an exorbitant rate. How long are you going to be in port? Last year, my wife and I used Ocean Rent a Car and they were fabulous to work with. Be warned that you need to be able to operate a manual transmission and, if you go the cheapest route, you may have to sacrifice air conditioning. When I first received the documentation for my rental, I thought that they had a typo. The paperwork showed me to be getting a "punto". I thought they were talking about a pinto but I didn't realize that Fiat makes a Punto. If you are there in the evening, you will notice that Corfu has some of the best sunset vistas that Europe has to offer.

Closed Thread

Tags
car, corfu, cruise, greece, hotels, port, princess, rental, rentals, reviews, shuttle, taxi, taxis, town, venice