Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 08:21 AM

Hello,

We want to stay in Venice prior to our cruise next October (Venice to Galveston). I found an outstanding air fare from Los Angeles to Venice. However, the flight arrives in Venice about 8 PM on a Saturday night, and most likely there may be delays because we have to change planes enroute. We plan to use a timeshare in Venice. My questions are...is there reasonably priced transportation from the Marco Polo airport to Venice late Saturday nights? Secondly, for those of you who have used timeshares in Venice, will RCI affiliated timeshare places stay open for what might be a late arrival. And do you have any recommendations as to which timeshares you liked or did not like?

Any other information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Where in Venice is the timeshare located?
Pat
Old 12-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Oh man, It depends on where your time share is located. You will probably have to take a water taxi from the airport marina (shuttle is free) to the place you are staying at. A private water taxi is going to cost you roughly $100 at the very least. If you take the public water taxi transfer to St. Marks Square then it is going to cost you to get to your time share from there.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 12-17-2005, 02:44 AM

I agree with Tom. The decisive question is where to in Venice, as the city lies in fact on dozens of smaller and bigger islands.

The only advice i can give you is the http://www.alilaguna.it site where you can check out the itinerary of the fast ferry from the airport to the islands. The shuttle bus to the ferry port stops at the very left hand side of the arrival terminal. The ferry is especially recommendable if you stay on the islands of Murano or Lido.

And there is a (uncomfortable but cheap) public bus nearly all day long running from the terminal to Piazzale Roma near downtown Venice, where all traffic on wheels ends (you must buy the bus tickets at the newsstand inside the arrival terminal).

Regards, CP
Old 02-02-2006, 12:51 PM

My wife and i went to Venice Last year in the summer and had a great week in our timeshare.
We rented a timeshare from a woman that was signed up with a timeshare rental company called SellMytimesharenow.com she said she hadposted her timeshare for rent there, and another website called Timeshare-Resale-Rental.comand had gotten many inquiries for herbanked weeks, she said you ere luck to get one of these weeks.
We were realy happy to get a week to Venice fro such a cheep price.

Sellmytimesharenow also has a Blog post thing that you can learn a lot form about timeshares and renting them its Timeshare Owners Blog
Old 03-20-2006, 11:23 AM

May I recommend this timeshare operator?
http://www.vaporettovenice.com/
You can leave there for minimal three days in a real palazzo. I prefere apartements at Dorsoduro district (Salute Church).For example the Studio D148S (40sqm) just in the near of the Guggenheim Museum, the Accademia Bridge an 500 yards to the Zattere vaporetto station, where the water shuttle from the airport stopps.
Here is an other information from the webseite:
if you are calling from the States, Canada or Mexico: 1 866 212 5009>
Have some nice days in the loveliest town i know.
Uwe
Old 04-02-2006, 11:12 AM

hi fruby.....it looks like we are going to be on the same ship to galveston.....splendour of the seas......we also will be arriving early to take in as much of venice as we can.....i found a hotel named " hotel la forcola" (search google) which has descent pricing though we won't be staying there as we are looking for a room that sleep's 4.....i believe the prices were in euro's about 150-170 a night....nice hotel....we stayed there...ummm....well it's 10 years ago and really enjoyed the hotel and location. i did actually look up the web site and the hotel still looks the same and is family run.....hope to see you aboard in 7 month's time.....jeff

Closed Thread

Tags
arrival, arrives, caribbean, evening, flight, late, port, royal, shuttles, venice