Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 12:31 PM

My husband and I are planning a Western Mediterranean cruise in June, 2006 on NCL Jewel. We have received the shore excursion that they offered. I don't know what we should take. We have never been to any of these places plus we don't speak any other languages except English. I have read difference port review and places to do own your own but afraid since we don't speak their languages we won't know what to do. We are going to Barcelona, Spain -- then to Messina, Italy -- here I really would like to see Taormina--from here we are going to Naples, Italy --then to Civitavecchia, Italy then to Villefranche, France. Shore excursion are arranging from $50.00 to 200.00 and I was hoping I could cut the price down some and try to do some of mine own. But afraid since I can't speak speak their language and don't know what I am doing I will get us lost. I have read books and other articles for the places but still in the dark of what I should do. So I am hoping someone can help me out please. All information is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:03 PM

If Uwe doesn't read this post, find a post that has been replied to by Uwe. You can click on the name and invite a private chat. I'll bet he'll be able to help you. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 05-29-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cinnyjean:
My husband and I are planning a Western Mediterranean cruise in June, 2006 on NCL Jewel. We have received the shore excursion that they offered. I don't know what we should take. We have never been to any of these places plus we don't speak any other languages except English. I have read difference port review and places to do own your own but afraid since we don't speak their languages we won't know what to do. We are going to Barcelona, Spain -- then to Messina, Italy -- here I really would like to see Taormina--from here we are going to Naples, Italy --then to Civitavecchia, Italy then to Villefranche, France. Shore excursion are arranging from $50.00 to 200.00 and I was hoping I could cut the price down some and try to do some of mine own. But afraid since I can't speak speak their language and don't know what I am doing I will get us lost. I have read books and other articles for the places but still in the dark of what I should do. So I am hoping someone can help me out please. All information is greatly appreciated.
Hi
I will also be traveling on the norwiegn jewel on june 11 - the 19th if you want to share an excursion write me at leila7998@yahoo.com
Old 05-30-2006, 06:13 AM

First, check out wwwlEuropePortReviews.com for the ports that you are visiting. All are easy to do on your own and you should have little trouble finding someone to communicate with.

Tom
Old 05-30-2006, 07:44 AM

Quote:
We have never been to any of these places plus we don't speak any other languages except English.
I speak three languages and yes, it does help, but many people in most countries speak English and are anxious to practice. However, when I travel to a new country I always buy a Berlitz pocket book of phrases (the books use phonetics). It's amazing how people react when they see you are trying to communicate in their native tongue! If we all did this more often we just might rid ourselves of the "ugly American" title we so proudly wear!

Closed Thread

Tags
chat, cruise, excursion, excursions, forum, italy, messina, norwiegn, review, reviews, shore, taormina, villafranche