Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 AM

We have one day in Barcelona, June 15, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. What are some absolute must-sees on this oh-so-very-brief visit? And should we do it on our own or book one of our cruise ship's tours?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:02 AM

I'm assuming you've never been there so with your limited schedule, book a comprehensive ship's tour of this wonderful city.

A more expensive alternative would be to book a private car and driver/guide - you'd be able to do and see more in the time you have. I did that the first time I visited Barcelona on the first day of my stay and it was well worth the cost.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:41 AM

I would suggest the local double decker "on and off" tour buses. There are two separate routes and there is no better way to gain a perspective of Barcelona's many sights. The bus will take you by everything and then you can jump off at those stops that interest you. They run consistently all day so you won't have any down time. Just my suggestion.

BTW, Barcelona is AWESOME!

Have a great day!

Tom
Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the info, Tom. It's what we will do. Can we just walk to where we get a bus from where the ship docks?

Bev
Old 01-06-2007, 02:47 AM

The hop on and of bus is the best way to go as Tom said. We did do this in September. It is a bit of a distance from the ship I would not be sure about walking it. I know Tom said there were two routes but there are three. there is one that takes you round the beach area too.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 PM

Thanks Debby, so how did you get to the hop on-hop off bus? Taxi?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:47 AM

hello,

You take the ship shuttle to the Christopher Columbus Statute which is at the beginning of Las Ramblas Street. There is a kiosk where you can obtain information on the Turistic bus system. This is a great way to see Barcelona. You can also access their website and obtain a lot of information even before you leave home. Also, sit outside up on top if the weather permits.

DO NOT MISS the Sagrada Famililia Church and the Gothic Quarter.

Hope that this helps.

Fred
Old 01-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Thanks a lot. What a help this site is. We'll do as you suggest. Thanks again. Bev
Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 AM

Save an hour or two to wander down Las Ramblas. We loved the market! It's easy to get back to the ship. Just look for the statue of Columbus to locate the shuttle.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:20 AM

Thanks a lot. What help these posts are. How would we ever know otherwise to look for Columbus? I see we're both grammas. Bev

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, barcelonamustsees, sees