Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 09:52 AM

...thanks again, pictures always help me!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:35 AM

UWE,

I read somewhere about taking the hydrafoil to Pompeii. Is this possible and how long should we allow? We want to spend some time in Naples.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 07:56 AM

Hi Dianeh,
there is no hydrofoil to Pompeji. The best way to go there is to take the train Circumvesuviana, Line Napoli - Sorrento. In about twenty minutes you will be at Pompeji Scavi. Entrance is Piazza Anfiteatro.
You can take the train to Sorrento after visiting Pompeji. From S. you can go to Naples by hydrofoil.
Regards
Uwe
Old 05-22-2006, 01:46 PM

UWE,

Thanks for the information. I wans't sure we could make it to Sorrento. Guess we can. My boys are looking forward to the hydrofoil ride!

Grazie,
Dianeh
Old 07-20-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uwe:
Hi mypl8s,
just one, please.
I would prefere Capri. It takes you five hours at least. You can take the train to Sorrento (about one hour), from there the boat to Capri, and from Capri the hydrofoil back to Naples, But there is no guarantee you will catch your ship after....
Uwe
Hi Uwe,
We are visiting Naples on The Voyager of the Sea on Aug 7 and plan to see Capri and Sorronto. To save time, we plan to see Capri first hen onto Sorrento and take the hydrofoil back to Naples from there. Tom Ogg mentioned that the ferries are very busy and sold out very fast. We are afraid that we might not be able to buy tickets once arrived in Sorrento from Capri around noon. I know we can take the train back to Naples but my wife does not feel safe to ride the local train. Is the pier in Naples sails to Capri and Sorrento the same one?
Thanks
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM

Yes, ist is. But the tarin Circumvesiviana is absolutly save. It takes about one hor frpm, Sorrento to Napoli / Naples Main Station. There take a taxi cab; within about ten minutes you will be back at the cruise terminal. It is safer than the hydrofoil.
Regards
Uwe

Here is a link to the timetable for the train from Sorrento to Naples:
http://www.sorrentoinfo.com/timetabl...n_sorrento.htm

Look here for the timetable hydrofoil Sorrento/Naples:
http://www.sorrento-online.com/english/orari.htm

Have a nice trip
Regards
Uwe
Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 AM

Uwe

Thank you very much.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Hi Uwe! At the end of it, would you recommend the hydrofoil/ferry over the train or vice versa- on our excursion to Sorrento and Capri. We're obviously interested in the quickest way. How much cheaper is one over the other.
We were considering giving Pompeii a miss. What do you think?
Thankyou!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:18 PM

...one thing I am confused about...I have read that the hydrofoil dock is just to the left of the cruise ships....is that "to the left" while facing the ships, or to the left while leaving the ship? thank you!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mypl8s:
...is that "to the left" while facing the ships, or to the left while leaving the ship? thank you!
Left side while leaving the ship. Go west for some 200 metres. You cannot ocerlook ist.
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
aliscafojet, capri, carnival, cruise, dock, hydrofoil, hydrofoils, line, naple, naples, napoli, port, schedule, schedules, ships, sorrento