Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2004, 06:27 AM

We are arriving in Barcelona a day before embakation. Can anyone give me some advice on low cost hotels? Just a clean safe place to crash after a transatlantic flight. Ooops - I shouldn't have used the word "crash". Also, is it good to be close to the harbour?
Old 01-09-2004, 06:27 AM

We are arriving in Barcelona a day before embakation. Can anyone give me some advice on low cost hotels? Just a clean safe place to crash after a transatlantic flight. Ooops - I shouldn't have used the word "crash". Also, is it good to be close to the harbour?
Old 02-10-2004, 04:02 PM

Hi Stewart,
I am now looking for pre-cruise hotel in Barcelona myself. I found some Barcelona hotel booking links you might want to try. I used several sites to look at lists of Barcelona hotels and became overwhelmed. Also, for the dates I want, I am finding it hard to find a room! Try:
http://www.bcn.es/english/turisme/welcome.htm

Good luck.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:14 PM

Thanks BAYA. After hours of internet searching, I finally chose the Hotel Meson Castilla, a 2 star which has received unusually favourable reviews for the number of stars. It is right at Plaza Catalunya (where the Aerobus stops). It has its own web site: http://www.mesoncastilla.com/ There are more pictures at:

http://ibs2.statravel.net/europe/spa...ona/bcnmes.htm

I phoned in my reservation. They were very pleasant and spoke excellent English.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:29 AM

Hi Stewart,
Coincidentally, before I got your reply I had sent your hotel an email to reserve a room. They replied that they are fully booked. Now I'm getting worried. Many replies from full hotels!

Wish me luck.
Barbara
Old 02-12-2004, 06:51 PM

BAYA - I agree that trying to find a "comfy and economical" hotel in Barcelona can border on becoming a nightmare, even though there are an overwhelming number of web search engines available. Thinking of Priceline? Some people have reported unhappiness with its geographic areas. Ouch - maybe the words "bargain" and "Barcelona" just don't go together. I was surprised given our May 13 embarkation.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:29 AM

I finally booked through Expedia.com. Orbitz and Hotels.com both said the hotel I booked was full but Expedia let me book it. I used tripadvisor.com and their "quick check" feature to easily check availability and prices on multiple web sites. That feature is fantastic.

Enjoy your cruise! Ours departs on the 9th of May.

Barbara

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, bcn, cruise, europe, hotel, ibs2, mes, net, package, pre, precruise, review, spain, sta, travel