Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 11:33 AM

Has anyone been to the fort (Guvntain Adasi) across from the port? I understand there's a bridge across to the island. I'm wondering if it's walking distance and ,if so, how long the walk is. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM

Yes, it is within easy walking distance, but also offers lukewarm interest. There is a great coffee spot at the entrance and I would spend some time there before exploring the fort.

I would suggest Ephesus instead if it is your first visit.

Tom
Old 09-04-2006, 09:16 PM

Joyceh,,, I am not sure where you are reading about that fort, but I would have to agree with Tom. The fort is of little interest to most, and there is an awful lot to see in this area of great interest. Of course Ephesus is at the top of most lists,, and it is one of the most amazing sites in the world. If you have already been to Ephesus (after several visits I never tire of this wonderful place) and want to see more ruins, I would suggest you hire a taxi/driver for the day and have him take you to Priene, Miletus, and Didyma. Its an intersting combination and will test the skills of many drivers to see how fast they can drive to get you to all these fascinating places. Kusadasi also has an intersting bazaar and some wonderful nearby beaches.

Hank
Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Tom & Hank, thanks for the replies. Yes I've been to Ephesus three times so I was looking for something new to do. The recommendations for the other ruins sounds interesting as well as the bazaar in Kusadasi. Looks like I have a full day now. Regards.

Closed Thread

Tags
adasi, beaches, cruise, ephesus, guvntain, hank, istanbul, kusadasi, nazareth, port, reviews