Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 AM

I will be travelling with a group on the Celebrity Century on August 2, and already arranged a private tour for August 8 and 9. My group is interested in the Ballet but we haven't decided on whether to do this on a private basis or through the ship. Gizelle is at the Hermitage, and Swan Lake is at the Grand Theatre. Does anyone know where the ship tour takes passengers to the Ballet? The Kirov/Mariinsky doesn't have its schedule yet for August 8, and I was wondering whether the ship reserves that theatre for the night for its passengers. Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 PM

Hi, welcome to cruise chat. Once I had a very specific question regarding a PADI dive certification, offered while at sea. I could not find the answer anywhere. So, I called RCCL, they connected me to the "shore excursion dept.". They actually had a Dive instructor call me from the Explorer of the Seas, while it was out at sea to answer my questions. Anyways, trying calling Celebrity, ask for the shore excursion dept, and ask them your questions. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 PM

Hi Kailin,
We were in St. Petersburg in May with Princess and went to the evening ballet. The ship did have about 75% of the theater taken, the rest were other travelers. We saw an enjoyable Swan Lake despite the fact that some folks brought babies and young children who were boisterous throughout the performance. I believe that we went to the Grand Theater, which is not as grand as one might expect. The seats are wooden slatted, but comfortable. If you like ballet, it is worth the evening trip. (Take an umbrella)
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Hi, We were in St. Petersburg a couple of years ago on the Celebrity Constellation and went to the ballet with the ship tour. They did have the theatre reserved for the passengers and we saw Gizelle. It was very good and they even served champagne at intermission. However I don't know which theatre it was at.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM

Thanks for all that responded. I just got back from the cruise. In St. Petersburg, we used Anastasia World, who in addition to arranging a most wonderful and amazing tour for both days, also arranged for my group to see the ballet. We saw Swan Lake at the Palace Museum which was just awesome!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:33 AM

I've been wanting to see ballet in St. Pete. I was there for just one day on a Costa cruise, and I can't wait to go back for a longer time.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
ballet, cruise, performance, petersberg, petersburg, port, review, reviews, saint, ship, st, theaters