Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2002, 11:18 AM

Has anyone gone on a med cruise? Looking to include Italy and Greece if possible. Not sure where to start to find info. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Is there a better time of year to go? Monthwise I mean.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:18 AM

Has anyone gone on a med cruise? Looking to include Italy and Greece if possible. Not sure where to start to find info. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Is there a better time of year to go? Monthwise I mean.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:49 PM

Shelly, I recommend first going to a travel agent who specializes in cruises. You can find this out by reading their ads in the paper or yellow pages, or going to the CLIA website (www.cruising.org) and asking for agents in your area listed with them. Once you talk with an agent, be sure you let them know what interests you in a vacation, and what lifestyle you prefer (casual, formal, a mixture of both, etc.) Many travel agents are familiar with all sorts of cruise lines, and after a bit of homework should be able to help you book the cruise that's right for you. Good luck!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 01:44 AM

Shelly, the Med is awesome!!! In order to make a good selection of ships and also of the shore excursions you select you should find an agent familiar with the Med. and the itinerary you desire.

I would suggest Turkey and Greece as countries to vist but Italy is also awesome. What ship are you thinking of?

Tom
Old 11-07-2002, 04:24 AM

that is one of my big concerns. Have done the Triumph before but my husband said it was too big yet I don't want to be the only English speaking people on board if I don't choose something like Royal Carribean. What ship is the big question. Any suggestions? and thanks for helping!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 07:49 AM

Shelly,

I've done three Med cruises.

1st - Royal Princess - Athens, Greece to Dover, England

2nd - Grand Princess - Barcelona, Spain to Istanbul, Turkey

3rd - Millennium - Istanbul, Turkey to Barcelona, Spain.

The Grand and Millennium had similar itineraries.

They both stopped in Athens, which is fantastic and had stops in Civetivvechia (can never spell this) for Rome, Livorno for Pisa/Florence and Naples.

Next summer, Princess has 2 ships sailing a similar itinerary, but one I like better, it departs or disembarks in Venice, which would make a great pre-cruise stay.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, mediteranian, meditrranioan