Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Europe Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/)
-   -   Hotel Recommendation in Venice after Cruise (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/36746-hotel-recommendation-venice-after-cruise.html)

Will13 03-20-2011 11:11 PM

Hotel Recommendation in Venice after Cruise
 
Our HA cruise disembarked early morning @ Venice on May 12th. Our flight out is not until next morning.

My wife (pregnant) and I want to drop to be able check-in or leave our luggage @ the hotel early so we can utilize the rest of day take in the sights of the sounds of Venice.

Any recommendations on an affordable place to stay for the night?

Any help would be much appreciated...

--Will

LHT28 03-21-2011 09:39 AM

More to the point what is your budget
Affordable means different things to different people

Venice is pricey even for B & B's

Sandy 03-21-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will13 (Post 286608)
Our HA cruise disembarked early morning @ Venice on May 12th. Our flight out is not until next morning.

My wife (pregnant) and I want to drop to be able check-in or leave our luggage @ the hotel early so we can utilize the rest of day take in the sights of the sounds of Venice.

Any recommendations on an affordable place to stay for the night?

Any help would be much appreciated...

--Will

Will, congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!

Just so there's no confusion at the pier on cruise day, I assume you're familiar with Princess' policy regarding pregnant women? The information is here. Just click on "Pregnancy" to see what letter your wife may need to bring with her.

Will13 03-21-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHT28 (Post 286627)
More to the point what is your budget
Affordable means different things to different people

Venice is pricey even for B & B's

My apologizes... We’re budgeting somewhere between $100-180 USD per night.

Will13 03-21-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 286634)
Will, congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!

Just so there's no confusion at the pier on cruise day, I assume you're familiar with Princess' policy regarding pregnant women? The information is here. Just click on "Pregnancy" to see what letter your wife may need to bring with her.

Hi Sandy,

Yes, we're aware of the policy. We actually pushed our trip early so we can so comply to the time contraints. She'll be 22 weeks when we get off the boat. :)

LHT28 03-21-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will13 (Post 286645)
My apologizes... We’re budgeting somewhere between $100-180 USD per night.

You may want to check out Priceline or Hotwire
Venice is very $$$

Sandy 03-21-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will13 (Post 286646)
Hi Sandy,

Yes, we're aware of the policy. We actually pushed our trip early so we can so comply to the time contraints. She'll be 22 weeks when we get off the boat. :)

Great! You'll have a wonderful time on the cruise.

BrianM 04-05-2011 06:54 PM

Hotel Venice
 
We sailed on Princess last May/June ending in Venice. We stayed at the Hotel Olimpia, located close to where the buses or taxis drop you off from the ship. It does involve a little walk, only because you have to cross a couple of bridges to get to the hotel. Since your wife is pregnant, you might have to make a couple of trips with luggage. Here is the link to their website.

Hotel in Venice Hotel Olimpia Venice | Official Site | 3 star hotel Piazzale Roma Venice


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2