Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Smile Venice post cruise hotels
Looking for a nice hotel in Venice after cruise. I would like to be in the city but I have an early morning flight from Marco Polo so probably should be close to Piazzale Roma. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Default Hotel Venice
Try Hotel Olimpia,

nicely located where the cruise ship transfers or taxis drop you off. A short walk to the train station and several taxis available to take you to the airport. The hotel is clean, can be expensive this late in the game if making a reservation, the staff is courteous and helpful. Nice Continental Breakfast; good restaurants nearby.

Hotel in Venice Hotel Olimpia Venice | Official Site | 3 star hotel Piazzale Roma Venice

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn closest to Marco Polo airport after our cruise last year. The hotel was very nice, clean, and they had a shuttle to the airport (I think it cost 5 euro each to take it.) Our flight was the first to leave that morning, and they got us there by the time the airport opened.

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM

The Olimpia is a good choice for a larger hotel and there is also my favorite little place called the Ca Doge. Ca Doge is a very small inn-like hotel located right in the Piazale Roma (1 min walk from the bus). This little place has no elevators (not usual for small Venice hotels) and is very clean with a decent breakfast (included in rates). I assume you already know about the airport transfer options from the P. Roma. You can take the nice express airport bus (ATVO) or even grab a land taxi.

Hank

Tags
airport, cruise, cruising, forum, hotel, hotels, italy, post, posts, recommendations, reviews, short, transfer, transportation, venice