Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Default excusions
we are going on a cruise with thompson in june 2011 and will be stopping off in villefranche,marina di carrara, rome, olbia and mahon.
my husband and i like to do our own thing normally. the excusions are expensive can any one advise me what trips are advisable and if its cheaper to do it on your own
thank you
Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Smile
Hi Martine King and welcome to cruise chat. You have posted to the wrong area regarding your content. You should repost to the "Port Chat" area for members to see and respond to your question. Happy cruising.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator

No need to re-post -- I just moved the thread to our Europe section.

Martine, take a look at some of the threads in the Europe section, particularly the one on train travel in Europe. We took a ship's excursion to Rome when we docked in Civitavecchia last year, yet that is not your only option. Yet, we felt it was worth it for a first-time visit. It was a full-day walking tour that visited the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and St. Peter's Square, among other sites.

I haven't been to the other ports, although we did spend a short amount of time in Nice. We had docked in Monaco and took an all-day tour (offered through the cruise line) that covered Nice, Eze, and Monaco that was very nice.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Default excusions
thank you lisa

Tags
carrar, carrara, di, excursion, excusions, eze, italy, mahon, marina, marinadicarrara, marrina, monaco, nice, port, villefranche