Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Is there a free shuttle from Livorno port to port entrance or Piazza Grande?
Hello, I'm traveling with my parents next month and we like to do our own excusions in Florence, Rome and Naples. Is there a free shuttle at the port to main town center? I read for Livorno, no pedestrians in the port area. So is there a shuttle from where the ship docks to the port entrance or to town where we can take a train to Florence? Getting from Civitavechia port to Rome is easy compare to Livorno port to Livorno Piazza Grande. Please advice. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctay View Post
Hello, I'm traveling with my parents next month and we like to do our own excusions in Florence, Rome and Naples. Is there a free shuttle at the port to main town center? I read for Livorno, no pedestrians in the port area. So is there a shuttle from where the ship docks to the port entrance or to town where we can take a train to Florence? Getting from Civitavechia port to Rome is easy compare to Livorno port to Livorno Piazza Grande. Please advice. Thank you in advance.
Yes there are, depending on your cruise line there might be a charge. see details at Livorno Italy Cruise Port of Call
In june it might get very busy in Livorno, you might opt for a taxi to beat the crowds.
tip: there are so many (hundreds) tour groups crisscrossing Florence that if you want to know anything about a particular statue/building just listen in (eavesdropping)

Tags
area, car, carnival, florence, grande, livorno, lovorno, piazza, port, provide, rental, shuttle, station, train, tranportation