Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 06:55 AM

Exclamation New Iceland volcano,,concerns for cruise
leave tomorrow for Copenhagen,,for cruise on Wed...now see new volcano is causing air problems,,,diverting flights south of Iceland,,,fear problems may spread but keeping track on internet,,,hoping not like last year..anyone else have this concern???did buy insurance for this,,,,know last yr...cruises went on no matter,,,hate to have ash blow over area in fjords,,not fun....saying a silent prayer all is well.....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Are you transiting in Iceland?

Hope you have a safe trip
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 AM

Angry No,,go to Frankfurt,,then Copenhagen
so just hoping ash cloud does NOT drift that way...hate to miss my cruise,,but don t want to get stuck and not get home either,,,keeping track on internet,,,Iceland airports closed so far,,,,don t want repeat of last year,,that was a real MESS>
Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

What is your routing?

We flew during the aftermath of the huge volcanic eruption last year. We ended up with no problems -- even with a connection at Heathrow a week and a half later -- yet we were pretty anxious there for a while. I doubt you'll have any problems given the scope of this one, yet I will keep you in my thoughts.

And, BON VOYAGE!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 AM
I do not know if they can predict where the ash will go but I do hope you make it to the cruise safely
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 AM

Thumbs up Just got back,,,and all went well
was worried because the next day,,,northern Germany,,and some of England air was closed,glad I flew the day before,,,had clouds,,,but no BAD weather on cruise,,due to ash,,so very glad,,and LOVED the cruise....did post review,,but will be a few days,,under Member reviews..Seabourn Sojourn.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Administrator

I was thinking that, too, when I saw the news on closed airspace. Glad your flights went off well... I lived through similar concern a year ago!

Tags
affecting, ash, carnival, copenhagen, cruise, cruises, current, iceland, keeping, line, port, princess, problem, ships, track, volcano