Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 03:05 PM

Default Private tour recommendation for Naples, Rome and Florence
After reading several reviews, I have booked EKOL for our Turkey ports. I am now looking at private tours for Rome, Florence and Naples (although after reading a review of Livorna by Tom, we may not go to Florence). There are only 2 of us and I have a walker. I've gotten pricing from Italy Limos (can't afford their prices). Any other suggestions?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 AM

Private tours to Florence can be pricey due to the distance from the port to Florence. We took the train (which passes through Pisa also) but i can understand that with a walker, that may not be an option. There should be a few cars waiting at the port that offer tours that you can negotiate with on the spot. Know your price point you are willing to pay and know your Euro conversion factor. If you can find another couple to share the costs with that can help.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 AM

Hi,
i'm from Salerno a nice city on the ocean near Naples.
I advise you to contact local private guide and private sdrivers here in Naples.
Prices are less expensivev and if you want to see the beauties of Amalfi coast you need to rent na car or maximum a minibus so they can enter and park in small villages such as Positano, Ravello....
I'm very fond of my area and last year I had a marvellous experience!!!.
some friends of my french friend asked me to accompany them in a tour guide (i speak Engkish and french fluently) along the Amalfi coast and Pompeii ruines.
they really enjoyed and even told me they had never had such a nice guide!!!!
So in case you need driver and guide for your stop to naples I'll be very happy to accompany you in the area.
I like meeting people, exchanging ideas and i also like people know my area, it is one of the most beautiful of Italy.
The city of Salerno has also got many attractions, the oldest medical school of medieval period is here, the magnificient cathedral in Norman style, the fantastic vieuw of both Amalfi coast and Cilento coast from the old Arechi Castle at the top of the hill , the narrow streets of the old city centre with artcraft shops,many nice churches of all periods,and at least but not last one of the longest walking by the sea in Italy.
ALL THIS IS SALERNO!!!!!!!
From Salerno in less than 30 min you are in Pompei, Ercolano,Greek archeological site of Paestum,.In 35 min to Naples by train and in only 5 min by bus or by car you reach the first village of the Amalfi coast , the village of "Vietri sul mare", very well known for its famous artcrafts works: potteries.
50 min by train to Sorrento and to Royal Palace of Caserta

Tags
celebrity, cruises, europe, facts, florence, fo, google, naples, napoli, port, private, ratings, reviews, rome, romeflorence, tours