Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2004, 10:40 PM

L.s.,
On my planned cruise with the Lirica on nov.5-2004 I will visit these places (among others). Anybode can tell me something about it or know good internet-sites?
Thanks, greetings from Holland.
Hendrikus.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:40 PM

L.s.,
On my planned cruise with the Lirica on nov.5-2004 I will visit these places (among others). Anybode can tell me something about it or know good internet-sites?
Thanks, greetings from Holland.
Hendrikus.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:18 AM

Hello Hendrikus,

of the ports mentioned, I've only been to Sorrento in recent years. The town itself is very pretty and there are lots of interesting excursions one can take. This includes a visit to the famed island of Capri, a visit to the ancient town of Pompeii or a trip along the picturesque coastal street with its breathtaking scenery. Please note that the Pompeii excursion involves lots of walking over incredibly uneven terrain. Some elderly passengers in our group had a fairly difficult time.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-15-2004, 05:22 PM

Greetings Hendrikus!
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your question, somehow I missed it! I, too, have only been to Sorrento. You can find out quite bit of useful information and suggestions about visiting the Sorrento area at our sister site. Go directly to -
http://www.europeportreviews.com/Naples.htm

Unfortunately, we have not yet visited the other ports in question, so there are no reviews of those sites at this time. Perhaps I will need to make it a priority to get there.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-15-2004, 05:52 PM

Yikes, sorry I missed you too. Raoul and Nancy pretty well covered Sorrento, so I will leave that one alone. Limassol, Cyprus; I visited Limassol a couple of years ago with Renaissance. While the port has some quaint features and the refurbished castle, medieval museam and old town are interesting, it would be hard to spend more than a couple of hours there and still be interested.

I made a mental note to take a ship's shore excursion of interest on my next visit.

Ditto for Cairo, at this time, I think a ship's shore excursion is the way to go.

Just my opinion and I do not mean down play Limassol's wonderful attractions, I just think that a shore excursion would represent a better value in these ports.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 08-18-2004, 11:08 PM

Dear, Nancy, Tom, Raoul,
thank for the comments. I'll look around carefully, so I can maybe contribute something when I'm back!!
Gr. Hendrikus.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:41 AM

That would be great!

Have a wonderful cruise.

Tom
Old 08-19-2004, 07:48 AM

Henrikus,
I would also like to hear your comments about the ship. I sailed on the Lirica in April and the ship received mixed reviews from the passengers. The wine prices at dinner were an exceptonal value and I loved the omelettes at the "eggs cooked to order" station outside the main buffet area.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-02-2004, 08:07 AM

Hi

I will be crusing with Costa and will be going to those ports, Alexandria, Limmasol, etc mentioned by you in late Nov 2004. Please post any information which you think would be helpful on your return. I could not find recommended private tours in the cruises message board on these ports.

Hoping to hear from you and have a great cruise.

Happy Sailing

Micky

quote:
Originally posted by Hendrikus:
Dear, Nancy, Tom, Raoul,
thank for the comments. I'll look around carefully, so I can maybe contribute something when I'm back!!
Gr. Hendrikus.

Closed Thread

Tags
alexandria, cairo, cruise, cruises, cyprus, excursion, le, limassol, price, ship, shore, sorrento