Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Default Anyone use CruiseOne excursions instead of using the cruise line?
We are going to Naples/Capri, Civitavecchia (Rome), Florence, Cannes and Marseilles. Has anyone used CruiseOne or PortCompass to book tours in these ports?

I am curious as to how they compare to the cruise line sponsored tours.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sandy; 04-02-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Advertising link removed.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Lightbulb
I Normally use my local CruiseOne agent to book all that! I rather don't get ripped off by local vendors, specially when I don't speak the language

They work with an independent agent for there shore excursions, what worked always great for me ! (except for 1 time, but the insurance covered that luckily )

Hope this helps

Have a nice trip

Amvera

Quote:
Originally Posted by blintze View Post
We are going to Naples/Capri, Civitavecchia (Rome), Florence, Cannes and Marseilles. Has anyone used CruiseOne or PortCompass to book tours in these ports?

I am curious as to how they compare to the cruise line sponsored tours.

Thanks!

Last edited by Cruise Fanatic; 04-12-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: remove advertising link.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
We prefer to use Viator for Our excursions in European destinations.....They have always proven to provide excellent tours at reasonable prices!

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I also have use Viator and I have to say that it was always excellent. Now, I don't use them for everything and I still book with the Cruise as well it just depends what I am wanting to do. In the Falklands I used a direct booking and saved a lot and the folks on the cruise with me were in the same carrivan as we were and I saved 1/2 off the price so it does pay to research. I do thing that is part of the fun before going :OD

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tags
cannes, caribbean, compare, cruised, cruiseone, excursions, exursions, forums, gmt, independent, iss, port, reviews, rome, royal, sponspred, tours, viator