Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I read on one of the posts that it's approximately 30 Euros by taxi to travel from BCN to the cruise port. Does that price include the costs of suitcases (I think it's 1 Euro per suitcase).

I am asking since I am traveling in a group of 5 and am aware we will take 2 taxis, so it will be 30-35 Euro each taxi?

Am wondering since I called NCL and they have transfers from BCN to the port, but it will cost $40 per person, which for me is steep.

I found a place that would charge for 5 people $116 (using a minivan) from the airport to the cruise port, was just wondering if that's a reasonable price.

I'm not sure about how expensive Barcelona is and don't want to be overcharged for a ride to the cruise port.

One last thing, how far is BCN from the Port Vell terminal? 15 km?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 PM

Taxis are cheaper and faster than transfers. Make sure they use their meter and the setting should be #1 for daytime. They also add a supplement of about 2.1Euro for going to the port and 1 Euro for each piece of luggage in excess of the first piece. Your final price should be approximately 30 Euros (as you had heard). Taxis are clean, fast and usually honest. You might be able to get a van/taxi at the airport that can take your entire party. Just ask at the taxi stand and they will get you a van if there is one in the queue.

Hank
Old 08-15-2009, 04:45 AM

Oh ok, thanks so much. I was reading in some other posts about having trouble catching a taxi at the port after disembarkation. Would it then be advisable to book a private transfer from the cruise port to the airport to avoid chances of not getting a taxi?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 PM

We have never personally had a problem getting a taxi at the port and pre-booking a car/driver will cost you more money. If you have a real early flight (before 10) and are going to worry, than you might feel better booking a private transfer (and hope they show up). Keep in mind that Barcelona is a very large modern city with tons of taxis.

Hank
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
You might be able to get a van/taxi at the airport that can take your entire party. Just ask at the taxi stand and they will get you a van if there is one in the queue.

Hank
Please ask the porters at the aiport taxi stop. They will help you to catsch a van. The charge is about 25 to 30 Euros. The taxi will bring you to the post in about 20 to 25 minutes.
Regards
Uwe
Old 11-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
We have never personally had a problem getting a taxi at the port and pre-booking a car/driver will cost you more money. If you have a real early flight (before 10) and are going to worry, than you might feel better booking a private transfer (and hope they show up).
That's my concern, and I think you may have alleviated it. We are about to book an 11:00 am flight for a Sunday. Ship is "scheduled" to get in at 5:00 am, and NCL suggests a minimum of 6 hours when booking outbound flights. Still on the fence about this one... other flights give us very short connection windows.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bcn, cruise, port, price, rate, taxi, terminal, time, transfer, transfers, transportation, travel, vel, vell