Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 09:43 AM

I am taking my dad on a cruise of Scandanavia/Baltic on Celebrity Century leaving July 20. We often prefer to get our own guides, and have decided to try to do that for both Berlin and St. Petersburg (2 days). Any recommendations about guide services.

Also, any thoughts about private guides for Copenhagen, Stockholm or Helsinki?

Thanks for any assistance!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:04 AM

I did the Century twice to the Baltic. My itinerary didn't include Berlin. For St Petersburg I did the 2day tour through this company.

In Copenhagen I walked from the ship along the harbor all the way to the Pedestrian mall. You can walk the mall all the way to the end to Tivoli. There is lots of shopping and museums to see. With your Dad you may want to take a taxi. In Stockholm you can take a taxi over to Old Town and go to the Palace and watch the changing of the guards. In Helsinki you can catch a ferry ride in the harbor and get a historical tour of the area. All three cities have hop on/off busses.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:37 AM

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, celebrity, company, copenhagen, critics, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, june, recommendations, reviews, scandanavia, scandanavian