Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Mert,

You can post links to other sites as long as you don't own them or work for them, and they don't contain substantial advertising. You can view the forum rules here. Sometimes we have to make a judgment call. The links you provided are fine. One thing we cannot allow is links to competing cruise forums, other than those owned by Internet Brands (our owner). For instance, posting a link to CruiseMates is fine since they are a sister forum to us.

Pompeii is an amazing place to see. I'd prefer it to Capri if I had to choose just one.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM

As everyone has said, Naples is NOT the place to be, but that said this ended up one of my favorite stops. I was up late in the Champagne Lounge the night before, and was asking the crew about our plans the next day, we had booked Pompeii and Capri, but were given no indication how the day would proceed. No problem, one of the crew was organizing the excursions next day, just see me he said. By this time in the cruise our group had grown to a party of 9 (PARTY was the appropiate term). The crew member suggested we do Pompeii in the morning because it was supposed to get very hot the next day, and better to be on Capri for the warm afternoon. I was up early for once, eating my cereal in the theater, my party found their way, and my shipboard friend directed our group to the first bus to leave for Pompeii. We had the most amazing tour guide who gave the most XXX rated tour of Pompeii, that had us giggling and off to another amazing day, then my friend was waiting at the dock and directed us to the top of the hydrafoil where he had reserved an area for our group to party on ! We had lunch in Capri wandered around and as in every stop, I like to just sit and have a glass of wine and watch the city, Capri was amazing !! We had the best looking waiter, who served us in a yellow dinner jacket ! When I asked to take his picture, his response was PRICELESS !

"Of course, everyone does..."

Needless to say, I was buying that night in the Champagne Bar, the crew has always been a great friend to one who travels solo, and provide invaluable advice and friendship.

Oh yeah, do both, easily done and wonderful experiences.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 AM

Wow! Thanks Mert, just what I was looking for! Very helpful

Quote:
Originally posted by Mert:
http://www.snav.it/en/destinations/capri.html

This is the hydrofoil website.
I am planning to use this also , i hope it is helpful.
For Restaurant Check this site http://www.capri.net/en/restaurants

I hope this isn't against forum rules to post other sites . Cause i love this forum and all friendly subscribers

Closed Thread

Tags
capri, cruise, garibaldi, hydrofoil, naples, napoli, pompei, pompeii, port, porta, scavi, siteseeing, station, taxi, train