Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM

Hi everyone,

So sorry for all the questions, it's just I'm new to familiarizing myself with the ports. One of the ports is Valletta Malta...which I read is about a 15 minute walk to the city center. My question is, is it a steep walk?

Also, I read about the blue grotto, but wasn't sure whether that is work visiting since the day is 7 am-3 pm at the port. I read someone on here suggested doing a hop-on-hop-off bus, which also takes you to Mdina.

Has anyone taken this bus? Would you recommend it?

Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 PM

I think the HoHo bus in Malta might be more than you need, and those buses are never cheap. You can explore most of Vaketta by walking and a bus is a waste. As to the Mdna, it is worth a visit but it makes sense to just grab a taxi from downtown to and from the Mdna. By the way, there is a nice cafe on the walls of the Mdna (overlooking the countryside) where its very enjoyable to just relax and have some coffee.

Hank
Old 09-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Mella, just came back recently from Malta. There is a great deal to see in Malta such as Mdna (wonderful to see) and Tarxien temples, fishermans port etc...if you do some research you will find information. The walk is not bad and the buses to our experiences were not at all expensive. We hopped on One bus and did Mdna, Tarxien and then back to town to explore there. I do however say that We felt Tarxien was a waste. took only a few minutes to walk through (though cool to see 3000 bc rocks)but took 30 minutes to get there. Did make a friend there..Gordon..a resident who I keep in touch with who did afterwards tell me about the Grotto and I have to say I do regret not going...do some homework...look up bus schedules and the stops they make and just pick what you feel suits you taste.

enjoy..the people are nice
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Hello, I was in Malta in June...We were going to walk around on our own, but there was a HoHo tour available at the dock...It was only 2-2.5 hours and only cost 15E...They offered a shorter tour for cruisers who didn't have long in port...Having never been there, we enjoyed it...It took us to Mdina, Mosta, stopped at a Valetta glass factory and drove around Valetta, the city...There was time afterwards to walk around the city or shop or both...

Closed Thread

Tags
blue, bus, cruise, grotto, ho, hop, malta, port, reviews, schedules, taxi, tours, transportation, valetta, velleta