Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:11 AM

St. Petersburg is an open air museum with many beautiful tourist destinations and shore excursions for cruise passengers. Usually there is simply not enough time to see all of the sites, and it can sometimes be difficult to really see some of the more cultural aspects of Russia. Here are some tips for your shore excursions in St. Petersburg to help you make the most of your time.

1. Make sure you work with a reputable tour company that is registered in St. Petersburg with the Board of tourism. I recommend (travel agency name removed) as they have a personal touch to working with their clients and offer an array of tours including some creative specialty tours.

2. Save time shopping for your souvenirs and do some research on the Internet before you arrive so you know what you want to buy. Also, when you buy souvenirs from the open air market, remember, you can bargain.

3. Check the weather forecast and bring an umbrella. St. Petersburg often has unpredictable weather, so be prepared.

4. Choose a tour based on your activity level. Some tours are very relaxed and others pack in many sites and keep you moving at a fast pace. Check to make sure your tour in St. Petersburg fits your travel lifestyle.

5. Use the Internet. Do some research to know more about the sites you really want to see in St. Petersburg. Some of the best sites are not in the city and travel time is a factor. So choose wisely using the Internet.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Most of the registered guides will customize your tour to see the sights of interest to you just ask
We worked with Victoria from SPB -TOURS she was very prompt with her replies & worked out an itinerary that suited us . We had seen some of the major sights before so just wanted to see some that we missed the first trip
I agree do your research before hand
SPB is a large city & can take time to see it all but with a guide they hit the highlights
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM

I edited Brian's post to remove what is most likely his own travel agency's name. Since he is located in St Petersburg I am sure he has some affiliation with the travel agency. How ever, the rest of his post has some valid advice so I will leave the post for others to read.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 06-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
I edited Brian's post to remove what is most likely his own travel agency's name. Since he is located in St Petersburg I am sure he has some affiliation with the travel agency. How ever, the rest of his post has some valid advice so I will leave the post for others to read.
But you forgot to check his profile
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Got it, thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, cruise, excursions, excusions, ncl, petersberg, petersburg, port, review, russia, shore, spb, st, tips, tours