Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 04:51 PM

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any comments or suggestions on things to do or see in Split or our other stops? We are scheduled to be in port there on the Norwegian Gem on July 4 for 6 hours or so.

We have only been on one other cruise, a 12 night Mediterranean cruise, two summers ago on Celebrity Summit and it was great. At that time we booked shore excursions for almost all of our stops. This time we would like to avoid those if a better way is possible. Our itinerary includes Split(8am-4pm), Corfu(10-5), Santorini(4-11 - which we visited last cruise), Mykonos(8-4), and Iraklion(7-noon).

I'd like to rent a car in Corfu and maybe Santorini or even bicycles on some of the stops. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM

I ll be there in June, got a guidebook and it said most of city is only for walkers, cars limited...so guess its ok for bikes...we just plan to see the old town area, window shop, eat at one of many local outside eateries...look at small local churchs,etc....looks very quaint,small and scenic....can t wait...We re going on the SeaDream from Dubrovnik to Venice,its only 112 passengers so able to dock in many small ports.First time on it,got good reviews...hope you have a great time...
Old 06-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Thank you very much Alexandra, I'll keep an eye on this thread up until we leave around July 2 to see how your visit to Split goes. Thanks again.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 AM

J and M,,,,I will be gone on cruise till July 3rd, so will miss the post for you, but I googled Split tourism and found a lot of info,,,also fun is www.pondjumper.com, I think ,,,got it on tour site....bon voyage....
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 AM

J and M ,,well I hope you had a better experience in Split than I did..managed to fall in Palace basement while exploring and really hurt my knee,,luckily not broken,,,but had to go to ships Dr.etc...so saw VERY little of city...and had to take it easy in rest of ports...nice town for what I was able to explore...how about you??

Tags
bicycle, bike, car, cruise, dock, excursions, hire, mtb, port, rent, rental, rentalsplit, reviews, split, town