Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:17 AM

I am flying out of JFK to Barcelona; would it be better to convert funds at JFK or wait until Barcelona. Last time I used ATM in France and they didn't give option to use either savings or checking; however I had all funds in checking, but they used savings account. I had to quickly transfer back when I got home. Is there an American Express office in Barcelona?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:10 AM

I have done several trips in the last year over to Europe. I like to get some Euros before I leave the U.S. I have found the exchange rate is a bit better in country, but not overly significant. When you arrive in Spain there should be Exchange booths near the luggage area. Banks in country and ATM's have the best rates. You can also usually exchange at a hotel. Your most likely going to have to pay some type of commission whether it's to the exchange booth, bank, hotel, or through your bank charging exchange fees. Check with your bank and credit card company. Most are charging foreign transaction fees now. Google American Express to find all their locations.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:27 AM

thanks. I forgot that they add their fees wherever you get them.

Closed Thread