Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 06:00 PM

Mella,

I was just in Naples in May. We took the Circumvesuvina train - if I can call it that. More like a very old subway with windows. It took 30 minutes to get to Pompei Scavi. There are loads of teenage pickpockets on the train and also at the train station in Naples where we boarded the train. They work in pairs and in groups. We actually saw people being pick pocketed but we had our 11 year old with us and we were part of a group of other people from Princess who all decided to stay together for the walk to the station and on the train. You have to watch your back, your front. Do not let your guard down. The walk to the station in naples from the ship dock is a good 15 minutes. Motorcycles cross your path everywhere. Watch out. Small cars come at you with the speed of lightening. You will walk through a very poor area with laundry hanging from the balconies and garbage strewn everywhere and men hanging out on the streets. You will pass the university on your way so watch out for teenage thieves. Just walk fast and stay together and you will be fine. It is an experience.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:51 PM

Hi pink,

Yeah...that's my concern since I wanted to take the train to Sorrento and it's a good hour on the train. I will definitely be cautious on the train however. What I want to avoid is looking like a potential target...though I'm not sure how pickpocketers target their vitims.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Quote:
What I want to avoid is looking like a potential target...

Simple: don't look like you have anything worth stealing.

Closed Thread

Tags
bandits, boat, hit, italy, knocked, liberty, man, moped, naples, pick, pockets, port, safe, train, vespa