Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 AM

Hello-
My husband and I are planning our first cruise to Europe. I need any advice on which ports to definitely see. Ports I would like to go to are Venice, Paris, Tuscany area. Any cruise advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Hello ksw, and welcome to Cruise-Chat; my advise would be to find a travel agent who specializes in cruises and knows the itineraries of the various cruise lines. I am only familiar with Princess and they don't have anything that includes Paris AND Venice. In fact there are only two cruises that offer a Paris excursion: a 14 day London to Rome on Grand Princess and a 15 day Rome to London on Crown Princess. There are many itineraries that start in, end in, or include Venice. If I had to choose, I would definitely take Venice over Paris. Paris is a much better land tour destination because there is so much to see and it is so far from the port. Sailing into or out of Venice is one of the great cruise experiences.

But an agent may be able to find you an itinerary that includes both.

Have fun with your planning . . . it's half the fun!

Rick
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Hi KSW,

F-Mattox is right about the limited number of cruises that would include both Paris and Venice. Princess ships either end in Venice or leave Venice. No Paris in between. Both are great cities. Paris really needs a good five days to explore and Venice just a snapshot takes a two days. We are going to fly into Paris first no matter what and then fly to Venice and spend a couple of days exploring before we cruise on. I am waiting for a deal on Princess before I do any booking. Otherwise, even though I love Princess, I will have to jump "ship" RCCL has some ships departing Venice next summer. Not the stunners of the Princess line but a little smaller like the Splendour of the Seas. Oh, well, happy searching. Bear in Mind there are ships that dock at Le Havre in France but really, it would be a shame to do Paris on a day trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, cruise, europe, european, fly, france, long, norwegian, paris, port, pricncess, review, reviews, ship, venice