Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by alexandra cruiser:
I looked into Hurtigruten ,but a little too "basic" for rooms,food,etc,plus it docks at many ports,but for just a short amount of time...have seen other sites where complaints about eating COD all the time,loud noise from constant stopping and starting,etc...
Oceania sounds like good option, loved last cruise with them,but Norway one seems too long..like 10 or so days...but thanks for info... options....
It depends what you are looking for. If you want a traditional pure cruise experience, choose a cruise line. If you want to see the real life along the coast - hurtigruten is the best choice. Besides excursions in the ports, they have several tours that go on land from one port to another, where you again catch up with the ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM

I realize that this post was started a couple of months ago, so I'm not sure if this is still relevant, but we did the Hurtigruten in 2003. Although it was a nice cruise, they have very small ships and I have to say I was very bored on it. There was absolutely no entertainment of any kind on board. Although I loved the stops, fishing villages, etc., sometimes they were in the morning and we were back on the ship by 11 a.m. We didn't have dinner until the late seating of 8:30 and all there was to do was look out at the scenery (which was pretty but it didn't change that much. The ship we were on (Trollfjord) didn't have a swimming pool and it would have been too cold to even lay out (we went at the end of August)so like I said, it was pretty boring to me. The service was very friendly and efficient. My husband loved the food because he is a seafood lover, but I would absolutely never do that cruise again. I'm sure some people who really want the quiet would like it though.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM

Forget the recommendation for the SeaDream in Norway, just got off it on Adriatic Sea and it would be too small with little inside space for a cool climate...Thanks Europe 14,,,thought that would be the case....now looking into Seabourn or Azamara.....like to be pampered, have good food,service, and nice room,,,plus the scenery,,,anybody ever take one of these???
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Just to update...have decided on Seabourn Sojourn for next year to Norway...seemed like best fit for us...brand new ship, only 9 days and in May...plus,sale at 50% off right now...will be my first time on this cruiseline...any reviews??
Old 08-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Am back to looking for cruise,,,the ship Seabourn Odyssey allows smoking in cabin and balcony,,,,Lisa has posted new smoking policies under Freq.asked questions,,,,may cancel,,but not sure,,,if I go will be FIRST and last time...just a warning if a problem for you.

Tags
america, boat, cruise, cruises, cruising, fjords, geiranger, holland, lines, mail, norway, oslo, princess, reviews, stop, western