Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM

We want to do shore excursions for Malta & Cannes. But these are two ports which i cant find any information about on the net . For Malta We are planning to go to a beach maybe or interesting place which you can advice . For Cannes we are planning to take a cab and go to juan les pins for shopping and walking around the sea line . If we go to monaco we cant see any of cannes . Any suggestions ? Thanks .
Mert
Old 07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Monaco is beautiful and interesting; we did a walking tour of Monte Carlo and a drive down the coast. Cannes is a lovely and expensive beach town. Given a choice, i would see Monaco.

It would be a shame to go to a facinating and beautiful place like Malta and just go to a beach, although they are lovely. Malta is one place I would suggest taking a guided tour from the ship. Malta has a rich culture and history and a good tour guide can bring that all to life for you. And Malta is small enough that you can see it all in a day and still have some free time for shopping and maybe a beach.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I agree. Monaco is preferable to Cannes. I guess the problem you have is your port time is only from 7am to 3pm. Spending time on the train would cut into things a bit.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:52 PM

Dear Dave you are absolutely right about the short time of both cities . For that reason i couldnt decide what to do ? For Malta will take a shore excursion from Ncl than . Excursions are between 50 to 120 dollars
For cannes going by myself to monaco with my French , i am little worried about that . I dont want to miss my ship on my last day of my cruise.
How about Juan Les Pins ? Is ?t a good place to visit ?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM

Hello Gert...My husband and I just returned from ourNCL Gem cruise in June...We had no set plans when we got off the ship in Malta, but there were tours being offered at the dock...We chose to go on the Hop On-Hop Off bus tour-it's a double decker bus tour that was only 15E each...It took us around the city of Valletta, to Mosta and Mdina and gave you time to go in Mdina...We also stopped at a Velletta glass factory briefly...It was an excellent excursion and was only 2 hours...They said it was a special tour for cruisers who didn't have alot of time in port..There's also shopping available at the dock when you get back...

In Cannes, I had researched ecursions to try to see the most..We ended up taking a tour from shoretrips.com for about 100E each...They picked us up where the tender drops you off in a mercedes van...She drove us all around Cannes, Nice, Eze with a brief tour of a perfume factory, then on to Monocco..We had time to walk around, see the changing of the guard, visit the cathedral, then we drove around Monte Carlo...She also stopped at some scenic spots along the highway...We felt like we had a great tour in just under 5 hours...

hope this helps and I hope you have a good time.

Nancy
Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 PM

I apologize for calling you Gert, not Mert..

Nancy
Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 AM

No problem at all Nancy . Spelling mistakes alway happens. Thank you for your reply .
Have a nice day .

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cannes, comments, excursion, excursions, information, malta, powered, shore, short, tour, tourist, tours, vbulletin, walking