Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM

Hello! can anybody share the experience of self-exploring monte-carlo and palma? since Jade docks at monte-carlo, we are planning to walk around the city, then get to monako and then to nice. will it be possible in one day? what would you recommend to see there? what are your suggestions for palma? it looks like a beautiful and an interesting place, and we'll read more about it before going, but if you share your experience, i'll greatly appreciate.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Hi anya. I can't help you yet, but perhaps we can plan together. I'm in the process of mapping out a walking tour in Palma and making a list of what we'd like to see. Are there any must-sees for you? I'd be happy to add them and then share our planned route.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:15 AM

Hi Lisa. thank you for the offer. i'm just not ready yet, since i haven't read enough. i will let you know in a few days. thanks again!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Lisa, I got a book from my friend called Mallorca by Thomas Cook Publishing. It has a lot of information and suggests a historic walk in Palma. here are the main points of the walk: 1. placa d'Espanya; 2.Mercat Olivar; 3.Placa Major; 4.Placa Cort; 5.Placa de sant Francesc; 6.Parc de la Mar; 7. Passeig des Born; 8. Placa Weyler. the entire walk is 2 hours excluding stops at sights and cafes. is there something else which you think might be interesting?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Sounds like a nice tour. I'm assuming that Catedral La Seu is among the sites at one of the stops.

We've since changed pace (no pun intended) and are thinking of adding a walk along the beach to our itinerary. I found this old thread on Palma beaches. We'll start with the one close to the Cathedral and then possibly venture out to the beach by the airport. We know it will be too cold to swim (even for us New Englanders), yet we find beaches beautiful any time of year. After five long port days, we're looking forward to some down time before the cruise is over.

Any insight from our experts?

Closed Thread

Tags
carlo, cruise, monte, palma