Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 09:26 PM

We are going on our first European cruise in October. We will on the Celebrity Equinoix. I have found so much great information on this forum, I wanted to ask if anyone had ideas on what to do in Rhodes Greece? With the help of the forum, I have already planned our own excursion for Athens and Naples. We do have ship planned excursions planned in Egypt and Isreal (for security reasons, we thought this was the best way to go). In Turkey, we have a private tour arranged which will include the Terrance houses. Thanks everyone for such great advice.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 AM

I think with Rhodes it really helps to understand why the island is a popular destination for hoards of Europeans. It is a first rate sea resort island with nice sandy beaches (rare in much of Europe), excellent weather, and a friendly atmosphere. For us, when we are on Rhodes, we do enjoy heading to a beach which can be done very cheaply by just taking a local bus. Your ship will dock in Rhodes Town, which is a delightful city where everything is within walking distance. Many like to take an excursion to the ruins at Lindos, which I think (arguably) is a bit overrated and become tacky with the addition of 100+ T-shirt vendors. If you want to explore the entire island it makes sense to just rent a car and drive (easy to do in this island).

Hank
Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 AM
You can go to LINDOS or just walk around OLD TOWN near the dock
The beach at Falaraki is the best.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-06-2009, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the suggestion about the beach. I had read about excursions to Lindos and wondered if it would be worth our time. I like the idea of walking around Old Town and then a bus ride to the beach. Appreciate your advice.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
You could rent a car and drive to the beach & Lindos the roads are paved and go around most of the island
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, cruise, excursion, excursions, greece, lindos, port, reviews, rhodes, royal, ship, shore, tour, worth