Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:43 AM

We are traveling on a 12-day cruise in and out of Barcelona this spring with our older neighbors. Any suggestions on where to spend the night in Barcelona, as we are planning to arrive the day before. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated (it's been 20 years since our last cruise). Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:53 PM

Welcome to cruise-chat. I just went on the Brilliance in December. I stayed at the Hotel Inglaterra, a boutique hotel. It is a charming hotel. Rooms are small but adequate. It is only a couple blocks from the famous La Rambla street. On La Rambla I saw Le Meridien, and Hotel Montecarlo. They both looked nice.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:51 PM

There are many decent hotels in Barcelona, but they do tend to book-up quite fast so its good to make a reservation ASAP. If you are not on a budget we do like the Meridian (mentioned by the mod in the prior post) because of it's very central location on the Ramblas. Personally, our favorite European style hotel is the Hotel Colon, which is located right in the heart of the Gothic Quarter across the street from the Cathedral. One advantage of either of these hotels is great location which means you can walk to many of the best parts of town....and it's only a quick metro ride over to Sagrada Familia.

Hank
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM

This is funny, Im going on a 12 day med. cruise on Brillance of the Seas in May also!!! Have a great trip!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 AM

HI Hank,
Im sorry, here is our itinerary. Can you help me with some ideas for a couple of these ports?. I have been doing research on each port, but would like some ideas from someone who has been to them.

Villefrance,France- What to do here?
Livorno,Italy - already have our day planned
Rome, Italy- already have our day planned
Athens Greece, Have it almost planned out
Kusadasi(Ephesus), Turkey- What is good to do?
Santorini, Greece-What is good to here?
Naples,Capri, Italy- What is good to do here?

Thanks Hank, I appreciate all your help!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:00 PM

Villefrance,France - Visit that town, get a 1 day bus pass, hop on the local bus to Nice, and as far as Monte Carlo.

Kusadasi(Ephesus), Turkey- Depending on time, vist Ephesus. Possible to to on your own via public mini buses.

Santorini, Greece- ride up the hill on the cable car, or take the donkeys. Possible to walk too, takes about 45 mins. Hop on the local bus in Fira and go to Oia. A must see town.

Naples,Capri, Italy- 3 options. 1) visit Naples 2) take the local train to Sorrento, maybe even hop on the Sita bus for the trip along the Amalfi coast. Vist Positano and or Amalfi 3) In Naples, get on a hydrofoil to Capri for the day.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into these!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, brilliance, colon, days, europe, forum, grandeur, hotels, may, planning, rcl, review, reviews, sailing, sea, seas