Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 05:38 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been hearing about BIRG tickets and checked ftroute's website regarding them. I read that they are not train tickets but transportation tickets sold by ATAC and COTRAL.

I guess I'm confused since I thought I could use these tickets to take the train from Civitavecchia station to Rome Termini station?

Also, the BIRG tickets are only good for Regional (2nd Class) trains correct? So I could only take a Regional train from Civitavecchia to Rome? Can I purchase BIRG tickets in advance?

One last question, I read that I can purchase them at the ticket office, but I wanted to avoid any huge lines at the train station to purchase these tickets. Are they available at other locations near the train station?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:19 PM

You cannot normally buy BIRG tickets in advance, and there is no reason to do so. When you get to Civitavecchia just take the free port shuttle bus from your ship to the port entrance. Than, walk along the water (keep the water to your right) for about 4 blocks and you will see the small train station right off the sidewalk on the left side of the street (opposite side as the water). When you enter the station you will see the ticket windows towards the left side of the station and you simply tell them you want a BIRG ticket (they are 9 Euros). There are not usually long lines at the ticket counter and the workers are very good and speak some English. I am not aware of any location other than the stations that sell those BIRG tickets. You must than validate the ticket in the validation machine near the platform entrance and it is than good for round trip local trains (not the high speed reservations only IC+) to Rome and also for unlimited metro and bus use (except the Hop on Hop Off buses) that entire day. By the way, when you use the BIRG ticket in the Metro you just insert it at the turnstyles and it will let you enter.

Hank
Old 08-21-2009, 03:47 PM

That is correct. We did it in the early june this year. In about three minutes we had our BIRG tickets. Take a very early train.
Look here
for the itinary.
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
birg, buy, civitavecchia, cruise, home, httpcruisechatcomeveforumsatpcf1261017441m97110047 1, page, reviews, rome, round, station, termini, ticket, train, trip