Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 AM

This will be my first cruise to europe we will be sailing on the november 16th,13 day out of barcelona.we were wondering if anyone has sailed on the gem? if so how pricey are the drinks.We were looking to spend more on shopping.But wanted some kind of idea of what a drink would cost.We have a budget for ship board spending.
Thanks,
ladybug2
Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 AM

This will be my first cruise to europe we will be sailing on the november 16th,13 day out of barcelona.we were wondering if anyone has sailed on the gem? if so how pricey are the drinks.We were looking to spend more on shopping.But wanted some kind of idea of what a drink would cost.We have a budget for ship board spending.
Thanks,
ladybug2
Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Hi ladybug2, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise, sounds fantastic! The drink prices range from $5 up. They add 15% to all beverage purchases. You can save money by asking them to put them in a regular glass, instead of a souvineer glass. They also offer a bucket of beer, you purchase 4 and get 5. Hope you have a fabulous cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:52 PM
ladybug2 -Welcome to cruise-chat- this is a place you can spend many happy hours sharing cruise thoughts, ideas and...cruise dreams...between and even while on cruises!

We cruised on the Gem in Jan. and offer to you the suggestion to dine in some of the specialty restaurants if your budget will allow it! Some of the restaurants such as Le Bistro and Cagney's will offer 2 for 1 specials on a few evenings and are well worth the modest cost. It truly will enhance the true pleasure and ambiance of the cruise.

The Gem is a beautiful ship and the latest of a beautiful fleet. She rides gently and smoothly-the crew is among the finest at sea-I think I just convinced myself to book another cruise on her!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM

Hi ladybug2, we spent one week on the Gem approximately 4 weeks ago. And here are some answers: You can have coffee, tea and ice water free of charge in the main restaurants during the meals. A soda card (6,75 USD per person and per day only for the whole cruise plus 15%) allows you to drink as much Coke, Sprite, Diet coke or Ginger Ale as you like on bars and in all the restaurants. If you drink more than 4 glasses per day, it is a good deal, I think. A glass of beer is approximately 4,50 USD (+15%) in average, one liter mineral water is 4,50 $ too. Cocktails cost between 6 and 10 USD (+15%). A bottle of wine is available from 27 USD up to .... A good Whisky is starting from 7 USD. So "Freestyle" is also a good word for the drinks. If you would like to know more about this (minibar price lists,...), you can contact me also directly here andreas.schmuhl@freenet.de

Your question is exactly what I wanted to know before my cruise...and it was hard work to find information material in the web. So I can understand your situation very well.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM

Thank you,I would like that list that would be a big help.
Thanks,
Ladybug2
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Hi ladybug2,
Please let me know, how I can forward to you the photo of the minibar price list.
Regards
Koggi
Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 PM

Please e-mail it to carriesmjith@yahoo.com
Thanks koggi,
Ladybug2

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, card, cruise, drink, drinks, gem, money, november, price, prices, review, reviews, soda, special, spent