Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 AM

I will arrive Friday Oct 5th in London and stay 3 nights before boarding the ship in Dover. How is the best way to optimism my visit. This is my first time to Europe.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Will you stay in London or Dover?

3 nights in London is far too short so I guess you'll do a thorough research on the web to narrow down your places to visit before you go.

The english cuisine isn't known to be that great (I love it though), but of course you'll find restaurants with all kinds of food.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 AM

We were in London this past June, only for 2 nights, prior to going to Morocco for 3 weeks. I would suggest getting a pass on the "Underground" also known as the "tube". I thought it was easy to figure out. You should be able to get around to all the tourist spots. We also got a 24 hour pass on the open air double decker bus. That was ok, we rode the complete loop, just to see the city. Other than that, we never used it. We did catch a train at Waterloo, to go to Hampton Court, about 30 minutes outside downtown London, that was very easy. I would not suggest driving in London, there is a congestion charge for driving in the city, during primetime. Plus, you will lose lots of time, sitting in traffic. I have had the pleasure of driving in London, when I was there in the Air Force. It was very stressful, I thought. Anyways, other people should have some advice, info. What area are you staying in, what hotel? You will love Europe, it is magical. I was lucky enough, to have lived in Germany for 2 years, before the wall fell, when I was in the Air Force. Europe is awesome. Lil' Lori

Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, the London tube is a great way to get around.

Closed Thread