Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM

Hello,
This will be our first cruise in the Mediterranean. We sail from Venice to Barcelona on the Silver Sea ship. We have only cruised once before many years ago on Princess, a much larger ship. Although my husband is healthy I am a bit frail. I would like to ask how we should get from the airport to the port. The ship is asking for $189 to pick us up at the airport. We thought this was some what too Is there a private limousine car for hire, or would a land taxi at the airport be just as reliable. Of course we will be tired after an overseas flight. I would appreciate any or all suggestions. Thank you,
fmbl
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
The easiest way to to take a land taxi to the port if the ship is docking at Marittima or San Basilio.
A good site for info
http://europeforvisitors.com/v...portation-ground.htm

It is a good idea to arrive a day ahead in case of flight/weather delays.

Pier location
http://www.vtp.it/pages/comeRa...meRaggiungerci02.jsp

You can check which pier your ship will dock at
http://www.vtp.it/pages/calend...ioFiltri.jsp?m=6&r=N
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM

Lyn,
Thank you so much for your prompt response and useful information.
Have you cruised from Venice to Barcelona? traveling with cousins who chose Silver Sea. I'm a bit put off by what I here is the stuffiness of this ship.
fmbl
Old 05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fmbl:
Lyn,
Thank you so much for your prompt response and useful information.
Have you cruised from Venice to Barcelona? traveling with cousins who chose Silver Sea. I'm a bit put off by what I here is the stuffiness of this ship.
fmbl
No We were suppose to go this month but due to health issues we had to cancel but I did a lot of research for Venice as we planned to arrive early to see the sites.
I am sure SS will be fine but they are a bit more formal for us

Have a look at Oceania if you like the smaller less formal ships.

Enjoy the cruise
Lyn
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM

We talked to our travel guy and he said from Venice Port to Airport its about 30-40 min..We are traveling back on May 29th and were looking for good taxi service..he said to call a couple when you get to Venice. all of them are fine..Not sure which Port you are talking about..but thats the only advice I have for you..Good luck..
Old 06-04-2009, 07:49 PM

Hi,

We docked at Marittima and it was a good 3o minutes to Marco Polo Airport on the bus arranged by Princess Cruises. The cost was $59 US per person one way. There is no way with luggage that we would have schlepped it to a taxi. Exiting the cruise terminal in Venice is a real zoo. So much simpler to let the cruise line arrange things. I would assume it would be the same on the way to the ship. THe way I see it is, you pay a fair amount for the luxury of your cruise, why nickel and dime for the cheapest way back and forth to the pier. YOu will be much more relaxed with a cruise line transfer. My opinion.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cruise, fro, italy, line, marco, polo, port, ship, taxi, transfer, transfers, transport, transportation, vce, venice