Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 01:04 AM

Hello All

Does anyone know the cost of the following excursions for the Jewel:

Florence/Pisa full DayRome, full day

Are they worth the money?

If not, I hear conflicting views about getting to see the museums and Vatican, etc. What will they be like (Academia, Sistine, etc) on a Wednesday and Thursday morning?
Can I buy tickets in advance on-line?

How easy is it to travel by train and subway?

If we had to pick, which would be the better value?

Answers to any of the above questions will be appreciated

thanx.

P.S. I did check with NCL, they said that they would not have any info until March.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:27 PM

Here is a link to the Port Review for Florence and Pisa. I will tell you exactly how to do it on your own.

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Florence.htm

Also, here is a link to the Rome Port Reviews that will do the same.

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Rome.htm

Doing these ports by train is the best way to do it. Both Florence and Rome a quite a distance from the ports and the train will get you there faster than a motor coach. The train will also give you more time to see what you want to see rather than what is offered on a tour.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 09:04 AM

I will be on the Jewel 7/30. NCL now has the shore excursions with price on their website. Florence/Pisa is $165 pp. I found the prices of excursions extremely high. We are doing Florence, Rome, Messina, Nice on our own by train. However, we have been to most of these ports previously and know what we want to do and see. We hired a driver for Naples to tour the Amalfi coast and Pompeii. The price is $350E for 3 of us. NCL charges $229pp for a tour of the Amalfi coast which includes Positano. Another NCL tour is the Amalfi coast w/Pompeii in a motorcoach, the cost for that excursion is $149pp. The Rome tour w/Vatican is $185pp. It is very easy to do these tours on your own. Rome and Florence are very easy to get around. When you get off the train in Rome, it's a quick underground to the Spanish Steps of the ruins. Do your research! That's the fun part of planning a cruise.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonnie610:
I will be on the Jewel 7/30. NCL now has the shore excursions with price on their website. Florence/Pisa is $165 pp. I found the prices of excursions extremely high. We are doing Florence, Rome, Messina, Nice on our own by train. However, we have been to most of these ports previously and know what we want to do and see.....
Have you been to Messina? I'll be having a day there. What would you recommend - for a single traveller? Thanks, Jan
Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 PM

I just signed up to say THANKS! for the Europe Port Reviews. God Bless you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Ogg:
Here is a link to the Port Review for Florence and Pisa. I will tell you exactly how to do it on your own.

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Florence.htm

Also, here is a link to the Rome Port Reviews that will do the same.

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Rome.htm

Doing these ports by train is the best way to do it. Both Florence and Rome a quite a distance from the ports and the train will get you there faster than a motor coach. The train will also give you more time to see what you want to see rather than what is offered on a tour.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
excursion, rome