Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 AM

I will be traveling to Venice in May and I was wondering how far it is from the Port to St Marks Square where I intend to pick up a tour. How do you get from the Port in Venice to St. Marks Square? Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 AM

I will be traveling to Venice in May and I was wondering how far it is from the Port to St Marks Square where I intend to pick up a tour. How do you get from the Port in Venice to St. Marks Square? Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 PM

We were in Venice last October with Princess. Princess had a boat shuttle service from the pier (right beside the ship) to St Mark's Square which ran every 15 minutes or so. The boat ride took about 20 minutes. Princess charged $10 per person for 2 days of transportation.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 PM

If you want to get a perfect view of much of Venice, go by boat (Vaporetto) through the Canal Grande. The Vaporetto starts at Piazzale Roma (a few minutes walking distance from the Pier). The ticket for all day Vaporetto use costs 10 Euro (last year) and allows you also to go e. g. to Isola Murano (glass manufacture) or to the Lido (beach). If you have time, also a walk from Piazzale Roma through the narrow walkways along the Canale and over Ponte Rialto is marvelous. It takes less than 1 hour. I recommend to use a city map to avoid to get lost.
Enjoy Venice, it is a wonder!

Closed Thread

Tags
burano, cruise, directions, isola, mark, marks, mrks, poprt, port, princess, review, square, st, terminal, venice, waling