Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM

Regarding Kusadasi, that would be a problem. You see, on our last visit (4 years ago) we did not take any tour. We simply walked through town to the small bus station (they are really dirty vans) and took a bus (van) to the closest stop which is about 1 1/3 miles from the Ephesus entrance. We than walked up to the entrance and spent over 4 hours in the ruins (it was our 3rd visit). So, I cannot give you any firm recommendation as to tour companies (there are quite a few on--line). But you definitely want to see Ephesus (including the newly opened Terrace Houses) and probably the Virgin Mary House (we think this is a bit of a con...but most go there).

The irony of your question is that we just booked a cruise that will take us back to Kusadasi in late April. My wife and I are trying to figure what in the world we want to do on this trip. Such a problem! Life is truly good!

Hank
Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 AM

Hi there-

I don't recall if there was a specific tour name as I wrote to them directly because of the size of our group (10).

I would e mail them directly and tell them what you are looking for. Our guide was: Bekir UCARKUS

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:31 AM

As time is getting closer I just have a couple more questions.
One we have arranged to the privet tour in Kusadasi, Turkey with Bekir Ucarkus, the price for two is $75 each, but if others join us the price will go down. I expected the price to be different for just the two of us...My question, were you able to pay him with a credit card or did you have to use Euro?

My second question is when we take the train from the Rome Airport can we pay for the train ticket with a credit card, if not is there a ATM machine at the airport to get some Euro's? Probably the easiest is to get Euro's at the Airport in London during our layover if this is the case?
Carnival Holiday - Dec 2007
Princess Grand - Oct 2008

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Hi there-

In Turkey, We paid him with a Master Card...I don't believe they take AMEX. I am not sure about the train in Rome but we used a credit card in Liverno when taking the train to Florence.

Have a great trip!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 PM

Haygirl, Funny you mention Italy since we are on our way to Venice tomorrow night. We really love traveling in that country. As to the train from Rome's airport (FCO) you can pay with MC or Visa (not sure about AMEX). When you get your luggage just follow the signs to the trains. When you get to the train platform area (this is within the airport terminal complex) you just go to the ticket window where you can use your credit cards. There are also self-service ticket kiosks in many Italian train stations (I cannot remember if they have those at FCO) but we have had problems with our American credit cards in some of those machines. Sometimes, they refuse to recognize US credit cards (probably because they do not have a chip like in many European cards). However, this is not a problem at the ticket window. As to getting Euros in London, keep in mind that they are still on the pound sterling so most of their ATMs dispense pounds, not Euros.

Hank
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Hi Hay Girl-
Just wondering how your cruise went!

Family Cruise 2008

Closed Thread

Tags
cinque, cost, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, mediterraean, mediterranean, price, princess, review, shore, terre, tripadvisor, venice