Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2006, 09:23 AM

Has anyone been to Delos. Is it worth spending the time and money for the Delos shore excursion or would you recommend spending the whole day on Mykonos?
Old 09-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Mobyduck, I guess the only answer is that it really depends on you and your wants. We have been to Delos, Athens, Ephesus, Pompeii, Herculanium, Borabodur and other ruins cause we just love ruins. Delos would be very low on my list of ruins to see, and certainly not a place we would want to see twice. However, if you have a lot of interest in these ruins than you should certainly take the excursion. Otherwide, I would maximize my time on Mykonos. Personally, we use Mykonos primarily as a beach island..but Mykonos town does have lots of nice shops and plenty of cafes. It is a good island for swimming since they have nice sandy beaches with very clean water (both in rare supply in Europe).
Old 09-05-2006, 01:52 AM

I agree w Hank. We did the Delos tour while we're on Mykonos. While the ruins of Pompeii and Ephesus are better in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to see Delos for the first time. You would have enough time to sightsee and browse around Mykonos afterwards.. Have fun on your cruise... Angel
Old 09-05-2006, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the input! The cruise tour of Delos is all booked up already ! How easy is it to do on our own??
Old 09-12-2006, 02:13 AM

From the port, you have to take a boat towards Delos, its about 15-20 minutes boat ride. There might be rental boats that go there, or check if they have independent tours.. good luck...Angel

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiseboats, delos, excursion, excursions, mikonos, myknos, mykonos, port, reviews, ruins, shore, time, tours, worth