Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 PM
You should follow your own heart; if seeing the countryside is one of your dreams, that is what you should do. Florence isn't going anyplace. You do see a lot of countryside on the trip to and from Florence, but you don't stop much. The villages are very different from the much larger Florence. Don't let somebody else's preference sway you from what you want to do. The next time I go I will be doing the countryside; the next time you go you can do Florence.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Hi, I've been following this post carefully. DH and I will be on Carnival Freedom in June. I'd like to know what we should do at Livorno also but it is because after the cruise we are taking a train back to Florence and staying there four or five days and have three entire days we can devote to touring. So we can tour Florence then and my dream of the Tuscan countryside. So what should we do when the ship is docked at Livorno? Any suggestions? Bev
Old 01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
If you are doing Florence and the countryside post-cruise, the obvious choice for me would be to take one of the ship-sponsored tours to Pisa.
Pisa is a lovely city in its own right; and the leaning tower, while a bit of a travel cliche, is truly a marvel and looks better than ever since its restoration. And the adjoining Basillica and grounds are also awe-inspiring.

Closed Thread

Tags
beautiful, caribbean, carribean, cruise, distance, excursion, florence, gimignano, livorno, review, reviews, royal, san, tuscany, voltera