Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM

What experience can any one share about CAPRI, we are going in July with our kids (9 and 11 years)

Thankscantuquiroga@prodigy.net.mx
Old 02-19-2008, 12:48 PM

On our cruise in June 07 we did the RCCL excursion to Capri. It was nice and we saw a lot. Also saw enough to know that this was something that you could do on your own. The hydrafoils to Capri are a short walk from where the ships dock. On the Capri side, you are right in the center of things. Buses are available to take you to Anacapri, and the chair lift to the top of the mountain. The main 'town' is easy to walk.

Check out the ferry scedules and give yourself plenty of time to get back. They tend to be crowded.

Photos from our day are at Naples / Capri There was quite a haze for over half the day. Nice nonetheless.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM

As FTroute has said, Capri is quite easy to do on your own and you will save money when compared to the overpriced tours. Its only a short 5 min walk from ship to the hydrofoil/jetboat piers (just exit the cruise pier area and you will see the hydrofoil piers on your left) where you can purchase tickets on the next jetboat or hydrofoil (check the schedules over the ticket windows since there are generally two companies providing the service). Make sure you check the return schedule as soon as you arrive on Capri and buy your return tickets before leaving the pier. Keep in mind that you will go up and down to the city of Capri in a funicular, and when it gets time to return in the afternoon there can be a long line to get back down to the ferry pier. So, plan on heading back down about an hour before you return boat (there are some shops and cafes at the lower Marina Grande level near the boats). Of course there is also the Blue Grotto tour which you can get right on the same pier that you arrive on the hydrofoils (you need to allow about 2 hours for this trip and its not cheap).

Hank
Old 02-21-2008, 04:15 AM

We were in Italy last June. it was so beautiful.I think capri is not really important to see. We were in Pompei-2hours with a guide(super nice), on the way to the amazing amalficoast, we saw sorrento from a view point! we rent a english speaking driver (born and raised in naples: giuseppe ) to have the most comfort. he guided us also and told us a bit of everything. i went on the journey with my husband, my two boys (1and 3 years old) and my parents. he got a big van with air condition: very usefull!!! and seats for the kids: the streets are very small. so we felt quiet save and comfortable. he also showed us positano (much better than capri) , amalfi and ravello!
i lost the telefon number of the driver but he got a webside: _sorrento limousines | limousines car service in sorrento and the amalfi coast (http://www.sorrentotopcar.com)_ and if you go there don`t miss pompei!!!
ciao luise

Closed Thread

Tags
capri, cruise, crusie, excursion, ferry, hydrafoils, hydrofoil, msc, naples, naplescapri, orchestra, port, review, schedule