Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Has anyone taken the ship's tour to North Cape? It seems very expensive for the time taken. We will be on Grand Princess.
Would it be possible to arrange some kind of tour on our own, or are there simply not enough facilities to do so.
Any information on this port would be very helpful.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Hi esrosa. We were in Honningsvag last year on Century, and took the ship's tour to North Cape. I definitely recommend doing it this way. It is a distance, and it is so nice to leave the driving to others. Several people we met on the cruise had heard about a public bus that went to North Cape, yet on the day they were to take it, they couldn't get on due to the crowds. They ended up renting a van, but it cost them some $$.

The views up to the top are stunning. You will also see reindeer along the way. Once you arrive at North Cape Hall, you have enough time to see both the indoor and outdoor exhibits. (The indoor exhibits are on the lower level and well worth a visit.)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. We enjoyed this port and itinerary very much.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Honningsvaag is a very small town, and the North Cape is approx 30 km away. I would definately recommend that you take the organized tour, as the local facilities are very few. Almost all the buses will be engaged in the ship's call and even if you come up to the North Cape by yourself there is an entrance fee (I don't remember how much).

As Lisa says it's worth the trip (depending the weather - the whole platau can be draped in fog).

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 AM

Thank you both for your very helpful comments. As you suggested I have booked the ship's tour with Princess. Looking forward to seeing the reindeer!
Having cruised in Alaska last year we are really looking forward to this Norwegian Fjords cruise. From what we have heard the scenery is spectacular. Only 5 more weeks to wait!

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, buses, cape, cruise, honningsvaag, honningsvag, north, norway, port, review, reviews, schedule, ship, tour, tours